Landscaper warning on breathing mold!

Microscopic dust inhaled while working around rotting organic matter can contain mold spores that produce a chronic fungal infection that causes damage to the lungs and sinuses. This fungus may be present in materials such as compost heaps and in piles of rotting leaves. To protect against breathing in the spores, experts advise wearing masks when these materials are likely to be at hand, such as when bedding down gardens for the winter.

Read the full article from for more details concerning fungal mold spores in piles of leaf compost.

No comments: